Welcome to the community programming section of our site. We have a beautiful studio space to share with you, and can’t wait to have you join us for one of our classes, lectures or workshops. Please check back regularly, as we are constantly growing and building!
Group Workshops and Classes
HOLISTIC NUTRITIONAL REBOOT & WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
DATE: 6 Weeks from January 18 through February 28, 2016
with Caroline Mackey, Holistic Nutritionist
- Do any of these resonate with you?
- Challenges with lack of energy, trouble sleeping, and mood swings
- Struggling to lose weight, lose weight but can’t keep it off, or weight constantly fluctuates
- Confused and overwhelmed by all the information about the right nutrition choices to make
- Challenges with emotional eating, food cravings and an unhealthy relationship with food
- Tried and failed to stick to a healthier eating lifestyle
- Food sensitivities and health conditions impeding your health goals
- Looking for a real, sustainable approach that works for YOU
Let 2016 be the year you finally get a grasp on your nutrition, health and weight. Darou Wellness’ Holistic Nutritionist and Fitness Coach is leading a 6 week program to revolutionize your health. Work with Caroline to lose weight in a healthy, sustainable way. Get more energy, better sleep, feel more uplifted as we improve your mood, all while enjoying delicious food and activities to get you moving and having fun! The key to this program is the combination of both individual and group support. Get the one on one guidance you need to ensure the program works for you, combined with the support from a group to help you stay on track, inspire you, and keep you motivated to make sustainable changes.
Your coach understands the challenges of weight loss intimately, having lost over 125 pounds herself. She will help you learn how to incorporate healthier food options, how to avoid pitfalls and frustrations, how to eat foods you actually enjoy and still lose weight, and to build long term habits to ensure sustainable weight loss. Dietary, allergy and food sensitivity restrictions are incorporated to ensure the program works for you.
Base package: - Initial 30 minute one on one consultation with the nutritionist, to address individual health needs and goals
- 30 minute consultation at the end of the 6 week program, to provide individual guidance and support for continuing with the new healthy lifestyle
- Live one hour weekly webinar on a range of nutrition, lifestyle and fitness topics to progress your weight loss goals. Questions can be asked live and it will be available for download if unavailable for live session. Each week there will be specific nutrition and fitness topics and goals for the week to work towards. Those goals can be customized for each person’s individual health profile.
- Private Facebook group for participants, where you can share ideas, discuss challenges, and have a built-in support system as you transform your life.
- Weekly recipes, cooking and preparation guidance .
- Guidance on emotional eating including tools to address, manage and overcome those urges - Mindfulness tools and guidance including meditation, development of personal mantras, and learning how to incorporate positive thinking in your daily life - Self care tools and techniques.
- Guidance on how to manage and overcome cravings.
Early bird until December 31st: $299
Premium Package: All of the base package, plus: - Consultations increase to 45 minutes from 30 minutes
- Additional 45 minute one on one consultation midway through the program (weeks 3-4)
- Additional 45 minute consultation 30 days after the end of the program to provide ongoing individual assistance and support - Additional customization and specific guidance given related to individual health conditions
Early bird until December 31st $399
About your coach:
Caroline is intimately aware of the challenges and struggles with managing your weight. As an obese teenager and adult, she knows the unfair feelings of shame and the health problems that come with those struggles. A health crisis several years ago led to the understanding of the power that food, fitness and mental well-being have to heal, uplift and transform. Caroline has lost over 125 pounds and kept it off; she now uses food as a tool to nourish and heal and activity as an outlet for physical and mental strength. Her life is now an ongoing wellness journey, and it inspired her to help others with similar struggles. As a certified holistic nutritionist and fitness trainer, she now provide clients with nutrition, self-care and fitness tools to overcome health challenges and embrace a full and vibrant life. She’s here to be your champion as you embrace a healthy and thriving life that is accessible, fun and lasting.
Book Online Here! Choose the “Nutrition Reboot – Initial visit” option.
RESTORE YOUR CORE
DATE: 5 Saturdays – Jan. 9 – Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:30pm – 1:30pm
with Petra Fisher, Restorative Exercise Specialist
Join Petra Fisher, Restorative Exercise specialist for a 4 week course focused on alignment.
Does your belly ‘dome up’ when you roll up from lying on your back? Do you still look pregnant months or years after giving birth? Or maybe you haven’t had a baby but your core is weak. This class is designed to help you get your core working the way it should, and specifically to help repair diastasis recti (aka ‘mummy tummy’, which is when the two sides of your abdominal wall have separated unnaturally). You’ll create true, functional core strength. And – because everything is connected – you’ll get bonus benefits for your shoulders, back and pelvic floor.
What you will learn in this workshop:
- How to improve your core strength without aggravating your diastasis.
- How to fix your body alignment so that your midsection can do its job.
- How to let go of unnecessary tension that might be sabotaging your core and pelvic floor.
- Breathing techniques that will help your abs knit back together, protect your spine and strengthen your ribs.
- Mobilization and strengthening for your shoulders and hips
- How to integrate better movement habits into your daily life, even if you work in an office.
Cost: $105 + HST for 5 classes