Saturday Dec. 5th – 12:00-2:00pm
with Caroline Mackey, CNP, PTS
Whether you are newly living gluten free, or have been gluten free for awhile and are looking for new ideas and inspiration, this workshop is for you! Just in time for the start of all the holidays, this workshop will give you lots of delicious ideas for how to enjoy the holidays with healthy gluten free recipes that everyone will love.
What you will learn in this workshop:
- Gluten free 101: the basics of what gluten is and how it affects the body
- Hidden gluten: a surprising amount of products have gluten, many are often ones you would not expect
- Making meals gluten free: easy and healthy ways to make the change to gluten free with all your meals
- How to bake gluten free: learn the basics that are in ways that are not overly complicated and won’t have your baked goods turning out dry and crumbly
- When you need to buy: what are the best products, shops and restaurants for gluten free living. Also learn when and why to avoid some gluten free products.
- Living with multiple allergies: guidance on how to manage when you’re dealing with more than just gluten free living including dairy free and egg free
- Traveling tips
In addition, you’ll get to taste some delicious holiday themed gluten free foods including salads, a simple and healthy pumpkin pie and cornbread stuffing. You’ll also be given recipes to take home with you. This workshop is interactive and we welcome questions from the attendees.
Cost: $45 +hst