What is Province Apothecary, and what makes you unique?
We are an all-natural and organic skincare brand based in Toronto. We hand make all of products from pure plant + earth ingredients, without any toxins, synthetics or fillers. We’re unique because of our focus on using Canadian ingredients, and we offer organic custom facials at our skincare clinic.
- Here are links to more detailed info: https://provinceapothecary.ca/pages/about
- Canadian ingredients: https://provinceapothecary.ca/blogs/news/we-love-sourcing-canadian-ingredients
Tell us about your Custom Skin facials?
I am a holistic aesthetician and our signature Custom Facial is my favourite treatment. I customize each treatment for each client, depending on their unique skincare needs and also what kind of experience they prefer (i.e. a relaxing or invigorating treatment).
We use fresh, organic ingredients in the treatment like honey, oatmeal, essential oils, clays, seaweeds, fruit powders and blend them to benefit the skin. Each first-time client leaves their treatment with a custom blended face serum and personalized daily skincare routine. The Custom Face Serum is our best selling product, and we have a database of our client’s recipes so they can re-order whenever they want.
- For more treatment info: https://provinceapothecary.ca/pages/treatments
What information about a person’s health can you derive from their skin?
You can learn so much a person’s skin! The skin is a window into the internal health of you body. Your skin will show how tired or well rested you are, how you are digesting your food and absorbing nutrients. Wrinkles reveal your emotions and the hydration levels of your skin can be an indicator of your stress levels. Your skin tells the story of your entire health and lifestyle.
Why is it so important to know what is going into your skincare products?
Just like “you are what you eat”, we are what we apply. Our skin is our largest organ and it absorbs everything we apply to it. For example, essential oils can pass through your body in just 20 mins. This is why you don’t want to apply anything that will affect your body negatively and disrupt the natural balance.
What is involved in an Organic Aromatherapy Facial?
If you are a first time client we fully assess your skin and get a good idea of what your skin needs from this facial. We then go into different techniques like dry brushing, honey lifting, deep cleanse or stimulating massage, a mask (detox, hydrating, soothing) and more massage. Everyone is different and we custom blend every product we use in the facial to suit the needs of our clients.
I love giving facials, its a great time for someone to relax and let go and allow us to work out tension in the muscles, hydrate and nourish the skin and gently remove oxidized oil from the pores.
- More info here: https://provinceapothecary.ca/pages/organic-aromatherapy-facials
You offer Custom Lash and Brown Treatments – what kinds of treatments are these?
Cassandra, our brow expert, will pluck away any unwanted hair from your brows and tint them to the perfect colour! Its a wonderful treatment that really helps open + lift your eyes! She specializes in helping maintain a full brow shape, using shape and colour to create lush, healthy looking brows.
- More info here- https://provinceapothecary.ca/pages/custom-brow-lash-treatment
We’d love to hear more about your Custom Perfume Blending!
We’re lucky to have some amazing perfumers on our team. They sit down with the client and introduces them to the world of essential oils, guiding them through choosing the scent that best suits them. The art of perfuming is intricate and personal, there’s so much to learn. Our perfumes are always blended using pure essential oils and jojoba oil, resulting in the most beautiful scents. The custom perfume session is also is a great workshop to do as a couple or a group!
Here is the link- https://provinceapothecary.ca/pages/custom-perfume-blending#
What are some of your most popular products?
You can find everything online at www.provinceapothecary.com
You can also visit us in person and speak with our trained staff at 1518 Dundas Street West in Toronto.
Our most popular products are:
- NEW CLEAR SKIN ADVANCED FACE SERUM: Our targeted face serum is specially formulated for oily, acneic and combination skin. The blend of active plant botanicals supports the skin by boosting its natural regenerating abilities, so your skin will appear more even and less irritated for lasting results. Support, calm and feed your skin to reveal a naturally clear complexion! https://provinceapothecary.ca/collections/all/products/clear-skin-advanced-face-serum
- CUSTOM FACE SERUM: Our Custom Face Serum is made just for you! We hand blend every serum, so your serum will be unique to your skincare needs. Each Custom Face Serum is formulated by a skincare expert using only pure natural carrier + essential oils. Your recipe has been carefully created after assessing your unique skin, and then we keep the recipe on file so you are able to re-order your personal blend. Your preliminary skincare assessment can either be done at our skincare clinic when you have a facial treatment with our holistic aestheticians, or by filling out our Custom Serum Questionnaire.
- MOISTURIZING CLEANSER + MAKE UP REMOVER: Our Moisturizing Cleanser + Make Up Remover with Avocado & Raspberry Oil is great for all skin types. These hydrating oils remove make up & excess oil, restoring your skin’s natural radiance while gently cleansing without over-drying your skin or destroying its natural pH. Raspberry Oil stimulates cell turnover, rejuvenating skin. Bergamot Oil clears congestion. Frankincense tones the skin. Lavender heals blemishes and works as a restorative. This essential oil blend calms, reduces stress, and relaxes your parasympathetic nervous system. Our cleanser helps your skin stay nourished, balanced, and healthy.
- CALM DOWN THERAPEUTIC ROLL ON: We all have our stressful days when a million thoughts race through our heads, a million things need to get done, and we cannot stop the racing clock. Our Therapeutic Roll On puts an end to the rush and helps relieve anxiety, panic, worry, and stress. Mandarin calms irritability, nervousness, stress, and anxiety. Bergamot and Frankincense relax the mind and body. Neroli relieves chronic anxiety and stress. Roman Chamomile calms and relieves irritation and irritability.
What about workshops?
We offer workshops through out the year. Our most popular workshop is our custom perfume workshop. Sign up for our newsletter or follow us on Instagram to find out when our next workshop is happening!
Tell us about the great offer you have for Darou Wellness patients and clients for the month of September?
For Darou patients and clients, we’re offering an exclusive discount for the month of September! Use the code DAROU when you check-out online or in-store at our Dundas West storefront, and receive 10% off your purchase of products.
(*Excludes: Gift Cards, Custom Serums and IgG tests. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Valid September 1 – 30, 2016)
We’ll also have cards available at Darou Wellness that will enable you to 10% off the 60-min or 75-min ‘The Custom’ Facial treatments (not with Julie), valid from September 15 – November 15.
(Photo of Julie – credit Kristin Sjaarda)