July’s Darou Wellness approved business is The Goods, owned and created by Lisa Labute, Raw Chef. They are located at 1255 Dundas Street West, and also offer great delivery service!
1. What is the Goods, and what makes you unique?
We craft the cleanest food. Transparent with ingredients and food preparation, our healthy menu offers something for everyone, inclusive of dietary issues and lifestyle choices. Customers thrive on our meals.
2. This might seem like a silly question, but why is it important to eat ‘real food’?
Because we’re real people.
3. Do you have certain things you look for when sourcing your food?
Sourcing produce and dry goods only from local, independently owned and operated suppliers is key. We focus on quality, organic ingredients as a priority.
4. What is ‘plant powered’, and what are some of the benefits of living a plant powered lifestyle?
The health benefits of eating plants are endless and can be unique to each individual. The healing benefits one person will experience from increasing their intake of plant food can vary greatly from another. That’s the magic. Though the general sense of wellbeing everyone feels while enjoying a compassionate, satisfying, plant based meal is universal.
5. Tell us why it’s important to you that your food is prepared fresh daily?
That’s the way we do it! If you’re going to eat well you want your food to be fresh. We also have much less food waste when we prep what we need for the day. Our customers have come to expect expect this from us and we’re happy to provide guilt free, fresh options.
6. I read a recent interview with you, in which you said, “Whether we’ve truly made the connection between food and your well being doesn’t matter; what we eat affects us the same regardless of our awareness.” How is the Goods helping people to not only be aware, but make better choices?
At the Goods we’re transparent with our food practices, we work in an open kitchen so our customers can see us making and preparing food. It’s important that what you see is what you get. When our customers open their lunch they can see exactly what they’re eating. This often is a good reminder that we need to eat simple whole foods, daily.
7. Is the Goods an eat-in restaurant only, or do you offer takeout, delivery and catering options?
We do it all! You can come by for takeout or grab a quick bite at our window bar. We offer catering options for groups from 12 to 300. You can order us through the UberEATS app or try our very popular lunch delivery service.
8. Tell us about your lunch delivery service?
We run our lunch service Monday through Thursday. Our customers order lunch online and we make their food from scratch each morning for delivery via the TTC with Good Foot Delivery.
9. Share some of your favourite summer menu items:
Our favourite summer menu item is our chilled coconuts. We crack them on demand so you can drink straight out of the coconut and enjoy the delicious coconut meat. Also, we released a new salad this summer, called the Carmenta. It’s loaded with organic romaine, chickpea crisps, smoky coconut, hemp seeds and a very creamy, sunflower seed based caesar dressing.
10. Tell us about the great offer you are extending to Darou Wellness patients and clients for the month of July?
We’re excited to offer Darou Wellness patients an incentive to eat green and clean in July. You’re welcome to stop by our store for takeout or try our lunch delivery program by ordering online and using the code DAROUCREW.