Sunday November 22nd, 2015
Shawna Darou, ND and Sandy Antunes, MOMSc.
Join us for a complimentary Pre Natal workshop at Darou Wellness. This 1.5 hour informative workshop will bring you a better understanding of your body during pregnancy. Bring us your questions and let us ease your mind! There will complimentary refreshments, swag bags, and door prizes!
Learn tips and tools to support your optimal health and nutrition in pregnancy, as well as recommendations for childbirth and recovery. Gain a better understanding of the changes your body goes through during pregnancy. Learn about the compensations it makes and how that shifts your centre of gravity.
Topics that will be covered include:
- The latest research in pregnancy nutrition. Which nutrients you must consume as well as balancing carbs and proteins for optimal weight gain.
- How to choose the best prenatal vitamins
- Other supplements to consider, based on scientific research for a healthy outcome
- Considerations for your birth plan – how to optimize your health leading up to delivery, and how to minimize interventions
- Nutrition considerations postpartum – milk supply, energy, mood and pregnancy weight loss
- Tips for postpartum recovery, and when to ask for help
- How important body awareness and posture are during pregnancy
- Awareness of how you may be unintentionally aggravating past injuries, and how to correct those patterns
- How pelvic instability can affect your reproductive organs, your spine, and therefore affect your whole body
- The importance of sleep, exercise and proper breathing during pregnancy
- Preventative things you can do to encourage a positive labour and delivery experience