Back in 2015, I was interviewed by Lisa Henderson-Jack for her fantastic podcast called Fertility Friday. We spoke about the philosophy behind naturopathic medicine and how it can help women treat menstrual cycle and fertility related concerns naturally. We talked specifically about how naturopathic medicine can treat endometriosis and fibroids, as well as unexplained infertility, and other fertility related issues.
Listen to the podcast here: http://fertilityfriday.com/shawna/
Topics discussed in the podcast
- How is Naturopathic Medicine both similar and different to traditional Allopathic Medicine?
- In what ways does Naturopathic Medicine identify and address the root causes of women’s health concerns related to menstrual health and fertility.
- What are uterine fibroids and what impact can they have on fertility?
- What is endometriosis? And how can it be treated effectively with naturopathic medicine?
- What impact can endometriosis have on fertility?
- The important role that food can play in reducing the underlying inflammatory processes that worsen the symptoms associated with endometriosis
- The important role that cervical mucus plays in conception and why mucus quality may not be tested by your fertility specialist
- What are some of the reasons behind recurrent miscarriages? And what can be done to address this issue?
- How are you able to help women who have been diagnosed with “unexplained infertility”?
- To what extent can acupuncture improve the outcomes of medical infertility treatments like IVF and IUI?
- Does the timing of acupuncture treatments play a role in this process?
- How women can improve their fertility and egg quality at an advanced maternal age