Our clinic specializes in women’s health.
Please read through the sections to the left to learn our approach to the conditions that you may have. Interestingly, the top 3 issues that bring someone to see me as a Naturopathic doctor are:
- Difficulties with digestion
If you suffer from one of these complaints, you are not alone! What is missing in conventional medical care is the diagnosis and treatment of people whose basic blood-work and physical examinations come back as ‘normal’, and yet they do not feel well. This is a situation I encounter on a daily basis. Many of the patients that come to see me complain that they don’t feel well even though their MDs tell them that their lab tests are normal. For example, it is very common for a patient break down in front of me when going over the results of an adrenal hormone panel – that is, to have finally been validated that there is actually something physically wrong with them and that the fatigue, lack of motivation and low mood are not figments of her imagination but rather a diagnosable condition.
Naturopathic medicine excels:
- in cases where you know you are not feeling your best, and yet you do not have a clear diagnosable condition
- where you have a diagnosable condition, but do not agree with the conventional treatment with it (for example: going on the birth control pill to regulate your menstrual cycles)
- where conventional treatments are failing (for example: in chronic yeast infections that are recurring)
- when you need support alongside conventional treatment (for example: support after chemotherapy to regain your vitality and work on prevention)
- to give you the tools to help prevent conditions that run clearly in your family (for example: genetics – your mother’s side of the family all have diabetes and you need the tools to prevent it’s possible onset in you)
- if you simply want to learn more about the many ways to optimize your health – better nutrition, the right supplements to take, do you need to detox, is a vegetarian/vegan diet right for you, etc…
If this is what you are looking for in your healthcare provider, then please read on – there are brief descriptions of the most common conditions that we treat in the clinic. If you do not find your condition, please feel free to contact the office to inquire.